Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Monthly Menu Plan –17 Day Diet



image









April Menu Plan

Since I am on the 17 Day Diet. This months plan is focused on more kid-friendly meals. I find it much easier to make easy, fun meals that are not as tempting for me to eat when I am dieting. I am making allot of salads, chicken and chicken & veggie soup for myself.

The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results









Goal of the first phase of the diet is:

Rapid weight loss portion which helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system.




Every Day
Warm Water with Lemon
7 glasses of Water
Green Team 3 times day – with meals
Coffee allowed - 1 or 2 cups day
Do not eat fruit after 2 p.m. – I will sometimes eat fruit after 2 but try not to after 5.
Exercise Daily - if possible 17 minutes a day.
Accelerate Days
Liberal amounts of protein and Vegetables
2 servings of probiotic foods
2 servings of fruit
1 serving of fat
Lean Proteins - Unlimited
Fish
Tuna
Chicken Breasts
Turkey Breasts
Ground Lean Turkey
Eggs - 2 eggs
Egg Whites - 4 whites
Vegetables - Unlimited
Artichoke
Asparagus
Bell Peppers
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrots
Celery
Cauliflower
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Garlic
Green Beans
Green Leafy Veggies
Kale
Leeks
Lettuce - all
Mushrooms
Onions
Spinach
Tomatoes
Fruit - Low Sugar - 2 servings daily
Apples
Berries
Grapefruit
Oranges
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Prunes
Red Grapes
Probiotic Foods - 2 servings Daily
Yogurt
Kefir
Low - fat acidophilus Milk
Breakstone’s Live Active Cottage Cheese
Sauerkraut
Friendly Fats
Olive Oil
Flaxseed Oil
Condiments & Seasonings
Allowed in moderation
I am enjoying the ease of the plan -  it is an easy plan to follow.  I made the kids chili cheese hot dogs the other day – and I was so tempted to have one, but I did not give in. For the most part I have been pretty faithful.  A few times I have sampled the kids food while making it an then realize – oops!! I did have some corn in my soup this week (used mixed veggies in making it.)  Corn is not on the diet until Phase 2. The book details the diet and gives specifics on how to follow it.

Enjoy~
Pin It

No comments: