Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, April 16, 2012

Follow You with love

So I have been listening to one of my favorite Leeland songs. (isn’t he  just adorable – I can say that because I am old enough to be his mother)

                    and I was hit with one of those moments…

                            the kind that takes your breath away…

                                     the kind that hits you to the core of your being…


You need to mute the music player on the right of my blog to listen to the song.

Follow You–Leeland

You lived among the least of these
The weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away.
All my needs you have supplied.
When I was dead you gave me life.
How could I not give it away so freely?
And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
Follow you into the World.    
Use my hands, use my feet
To make your kingdom come
Through the corners of the earth
Until your work is done
'Cause Faith without works is dead
And on the cross your blood was she'd
So how could I not give it away so freely?
And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
Follow you into the World.    
I give all myself.
I give all myself
I give all myself... to you.
And I give all myself.
Yes, I give all myself.
And I give all myself... to you.
And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
Follow you into the World.

When I was dead you gave me life.
How could I not give it away so freely?
And on the cross your blood was shed
How could I not give it away so freely…
I was not struck this time about all the needs of the poor and needy. 

What I was struck with was how freely He gave His love away for us… 

“For God so…  LOVED the World…
that He gave…    His one and only son…”

I thought of all the times in just the past few days…

that I did not give your love away so freely…

I held onto  it…

      … because I was frustrated, or angry

                …because I was distracted

                           ...because I was self focused

        ... because the cost of myself at that moment was to great                               

I was reminded of 1 Corinthians 13…  you know the LOVE chapter
But before it starts at the tail end of chapter 12, it says…

And yet I will show you the most excellent way…  
Then it continues on...
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails…      And now these three remain:
                    
                                    …faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

In order for me to follow Him…

       …to meet the needs of the poor and needy…

I first must choose the most excellent way…
… I must choose to love…   the kind of love that is self-sacrificing… 

…I must be willing to give it away               …so freely

This needs to start right here - right where I am at….   in my own home…
and then I can follow You into the world
#271 honey do list done
#272 making meal for youth
#273 realizing God is using me in areas I never expected
#274 talking with missionary daughter on phone
#275 teaching us history and states to little ones class
#276 kisses from special son
#277 fixed bed each day
#278 grocery shopping with the fam
#279 seeing giving son move forward in gifts
#280 hearing rocks star son did well in presentation
#281 beautiful blue sky after the rain
#282 warmer day
#283 grieving past choices made out of fear
#284 knowing grace covers
#285 receiving grace
Pin It

No comments: