Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, April 28, 2012

17 Day Diet Update

  I just completed the Phase 2 of the 17 Day Diet.  This Phase has been challenging for me.  I have not followed it as faithfully as I did the first Phase.  The areas I struggled with where: 
  • getting enough protein
  • eating my Probiotic Foods
  • Drinking my Green Tea
  • Not Eating fruits or starches after 2.  I usually ate these items for dinner instead of lunch
  • Eating more of the starches then allowed – Instead of 2 – 1/2 servings I had full cup servings.
  • Eating corn chips with salsa or having taco with the shell (love my corn)
With that said – I only lost 2 pounds in this phase.  I felt that the first week I was at a stand still…  trying to be as faithful as I could.  The 2nd week I was not as faithful- to the logistics of the diet  but made healthy choices and I finally broke through that plateau.
Physically, I was struggling with these areas: (sorry – might be TMI – too much information) but just trying to keep it real…
  • Feeling blotted – like I was retaining my fluids.  I have been on some medications for high blood pressure and a medication for hormone replacement to help with hot flashes.  I stopped the hormone replacement meds, and this help with the fluid retention.
  • feeling bound up – I started taking  herbal fiber supplement and that is helping with that.
The benefits that I am seeing from the diet are:
  • Over all I feel better – at times I miss my carbs – but I feel better on having so many -
  • I feel that my body is loosing fat – even though my weight loss does not reflect it as much as I would have thought.
  • I am making healthier choices in eating and developing better eating habits
  • I am motivate to make long term change and choices (big one for me)
  • I am exercising more – not as much as I need to – but more…
Here are the logistics of Phase 2.
Goal of Phase 2 is: Metabolic restart with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat.
  • Warm Water with Lemon
  • 8 glasses of Water
  • Green Tea - 3 times day
  • Coffee allowed - 1 or 2 cups day
  • Do not eat fruit or starches after 2 p.m.
  • Exercise Daily - if possible 17 minutes a day
  • Unlimited Lean Proteins (except eggs)
  • Unlimited Veggies
  • 2 Servings of Fruit
  • 2 Servings of Natural Starches
.Lean Proteins - Unlimited
  • Fish
  • Tuna
  • Chicken Breasts
  • Turkey Breasts
  • Ground Lean Turkey
  • Eggs - 2 eggs
  • Egg Whites - 4 whites
  • Shellfish
  • Lean cuts of meat
  • Natural Starches
Grains (1 serving - 1/2 Cup)
  • Barley
  • Brown Rice
  • Bulgur
  • Amaranth
  • Cocous
  • Cream of Wheat
  • Grits
  • Basmati Rice
  • Millet
  • Oat Bran
  • Oatmeal
Legumes (1 serving - 1/2 cup)
  • Black Beans
  • Any kind of beans
  • Peas
  • Slit Peas
  • Lentils
Starchy Vegetables
  • Corn - 1/2 cup
  • Potato - 1 medium
  • Sweet Potato -
  • Squashes - 1 cup
  • Yam
Vegetables - Unlimited
  • Artichoke
  • Asparagus
  • Bell Peppers
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Cauliflower
  • Cucumbers
  • Eggplant
  • Garlic
  • Green Beans
  • Green Leafy Veggies
  • Kale
  • Leeks
  • Lettuce - all
  • Mushrooms
  • Onions
  • Spinach
  • Tomatoes
Fruit - Low Sugar - 2 servings daily
  • Apples
  • Berries
  • Grapefruit
  • Oranges
  • Peaches
  • Pears
  • Plums
  • Prunes
  • Red Grapes
Probiotic Foods - 2 servings Daily
  • Yogurt
  • Kefir
  • Low - fat acidophilus Milk
  • Breakstone's Live Active Cottage Cheese
  • Sauerkraut
Friendly Fats
  • Olive Oil
  • Flaxseed Oil
Condiments & Seasonings
  • Allowed in moderation
So I am moving on to Phase 3 and have these goals in mind:
   Exercise 4 times week – doing on or a combination of these
  • Walk
  • Glider
  • Calisthenic – stretching exercises
  • start T-Tap video (my unique son is going to help me with that)
   Drink my tea
   Continue to take fiber supplements
    Eat/drink  my probiotic
   Watch my portion sizes
For more information on the 17 Day Diet check out these web sites:
I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
                                                                                                                      Philippians 3:13-15
Pressing on~
Pin It

No comments: